How to Install

There will most likely be some problems with installation or starting the game (i.e crashes before you can play). Such issues go here!

How to Install

Postby T-Dawg » Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:52 am

Edit: The Beta is Closed!

Dwarfs has come a long way since the beta, and we soon will have a Steam Demo out for everyone to try! The Beta-version is obsolete, and we have gotten everything we wanted from running it!

A big hug to all who participated in it, and I hope you had great fun!

Stay tuned and keep checking our sites for news on the imminent release!

http://po2games.com
http://dwarfs-game.com
http://twitter.com/#!/Po2Games
T-Dawg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: How to Install

Postby 0wing » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:32 am

lulz jag hittade forumet, I win teh prize
0wing
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:30 am

Re: How to Install

Postby Vassen » Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:47 pm

It's so smooth to install, I don't get any hairy dwarves vibes from the installer! It dug right through my heaaaaaaart.
Vassen
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Re: How to Install

Postby T-Dawg » Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:12 pm

Vassen wrote:It's so smooth to install, I don't get any hairy dwarves vibes from the installer! It dug right through my heaaaaaaart.


I know, that's a problem we're doing our best to fix. It's so silky and clean shaven now! Dwarves are not like that at all! I'm at a loss. Inno Setup is too good :(
T-Dawg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: How to Install

Postby LemoN » Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:16 pm

Hey guys!
I'm from the Tripwire forums where Yoshiro kindly posted a link to this interesting game.

I installed it and it crashes on startup.
.NET 3.5 is installed, XNA too.
I'm using Win7 x64, tried different compatibility modes and ran it as admin.

Halp.
LemoN
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: How to Install

Postby T-Dawg » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:56 pm

LemoN wrote:Hey guys!
I'm from the Tripwire forums where Yoshiro kindly posted a link to this interesting game.

I installed it and it crashes on startup.
.NET 3.5 is installed, XNA too.
I'm using Win7 x64, tried different compatibility modes and ran it as admin.

Halp.


Oh noes :(

We're at GDC/Gamescom right now, but we'll do our very best to find time to fix this! I take it you didn't even make it to the in-game error screen? Just a good old "this program has crashed"-box?
T-Dawg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: How to Install

Postby LemoN » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:40 pm

T-Dawg wrote:
LemoN wrote:Hey guys!
I'm from the Tripwire forums where Yoshiro kindly posted a link to this interesting game.

I installed it and it crashes on startup.
.NET 3.5 is installed, XNA too.
I'm using Win7 x64, tried different compatibility modes and ran it as admin.

Halp.


Oh noes :(

We're at GDC/Gamescom right now, but we'll do our very best to find time to fix this! I take it you didn't even make it to the in-game error screen? Just a good old "this program has crashed"-box?


Yup, Dwarves has stopped working.

Have fun at the Gamescom and remind the TWI guys of the power of the almighty IS2. :lol:
LemoN
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: How to Install

Postby T-Dawg » Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:41 am

@LemoN: I've sent you a message with a link to a really, really secret debug build that disables some stuff at startup! This has made a difference one time in the past, so if you could take the time to test it out it would be a great help!

I'll be sure to mention the almighty IS2 when I see them :D
T-Dawg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Re: How to Install

Postby LemoN » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:36 am

Ok I tried it, crashed on startup, tried the second executable, told me this:
Image

After I got this I redownloaded XNA 3.1.0.0 and selected repair the installation, didn't help.
LemoN
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: How to Install

Postby T-Dawg » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:15 pm

This is really odd, and seems difficult to solve... I'll try to hunt down a local computer which shows the same symptoms so I can track the issue down. I can hardly expect more of your time. :<

If at some point I need your help verifying a solution, would you mind if I e-mail you?
T-Dawg
Site Admin
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 pm

Next

Return to Install/Startup Issues

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron