Miners taking forever to mine bug.

In-game bugs and crashes - They will appear! Post them here for swift destruction!

Miners taking forever to mine bug.

Postby Parthon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:26 pm

I found this one when playing Arcade mode on easy.

I put down a 2-length command arrow facing south into a wall. One miner followed it to the wall, then another miner followed straight after. Somehow, when the miner was digging the wall he couldn't dig because the one behind him kept annoying him, but the one behind couldn't go anywhere, because he was on the arrow. When I destroyed the arrow, everything worked fine. The arrow would have also destroyed itself as well.

Should be easily reproduced in debug mode, or it could be one of those phase-of-the-moon bugs.
Parthon

Re: Miners taking forever to mine bug.

Postby Jakkar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:50 am

I've seen the same happen to two warriors, although in my case it seemed to be the consequence of having placed two arrows, facing the same direction (right), on two adjascent squares. The first ran into a wall, the second followed, they jammed each other up until I deleted one arrow.
Jakkar

Postby Parthon » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:20 pm

Yeah, and I had a case where it didn't happen. They just waited patiently like one giant train, rumbling through the walls to swap the shaman.
Parthon

Postby T-Dawg » Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:45 am

If a digger dwarf gets stuck like that, it's absolutely a bug! The second one should disregard the arrow and be on his merry way. I haven't been able to reproduce the bug myself yet, but I'll try again tomorrow (I'll have a mouse then!)

Warriors react a bit differently. They are more hardcore about following arrows than diggers. If two warriors run in the same direction, the second one should wait behind the first if he stops (to dig, for example). If they meet in opposite directions, they both wait. We are pondering another solution to the second scenario, where perhaps the warrior who's following the most recent arrow gets priority and shoves the other warrior out of the way!
T-Dawg
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports