Improved scoreboard

If you have an idea regarding improvements to the game, post it here! Note that massive ideas, like "can't you add vertical digging", are less likely to be implemented. :)

Improved scoreboard

Postby Zarat » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:29 am

Also read my bug-report about hacking it.
I didn't want to litter the bug report too much with suggestions, so I put them here.

Any good flash game scoreboard is time-based these days, so you have "highest score ever", "highest score this day", "highest score this week", etc. This is very important actually because if you only maintain highest-score-ever then after a few months the scoreboard will only contain the top-10 of the world and for 99% of the players the scoreboard just became useless. You can do this even if you don't care about people hacking it, because then at least the old hacked entries will not keep littering the time based scoreboards forever.

If you care about the scoreboard and think about doing an account-based solution it would be great if you could compare yourself to your friends. I understand that's a lot of additional work though, so I it may not make it, a simple search-function would be a nice start though.
Zarat

Re: Improved scoreboard

Postby Arnos » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:31 pm

Or just add way, way more slots, I wouldn't mind being told I came in spot 127.
You could add other modes too. eg. Takes each player's high score on each of the 4 difficulty levels and times and sums them...
Arnos

Re: Improved scoreboard

Postby Robin » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:30 pm

We will add both a score-borad with many more slots and try to add a account bound so you can only have one score per game online we think we will start with 10 000 places and if we need more we will probebly add more.
A searh funktion sounds like a good idé we will look into it :)
Robin

Return to Suggestions