A way to get rid of arrows

If you have an idea regarding improvements to the game, post it here! Note that massive ideas, like "can't you add vertical digging", are less likely to be implemented. :)

A way to get rid of arrows

Postby Quasar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:42 am

Is there going to be any way to mark a path as 'complete'? Several times now I've had warriors ordered away from base to deal with a threat, then called back to deal with another. All that happens is that the ones coming FROM the base get stuck on the ones heading towards it, and nobody moves.

Another issue I had comes straight from my post on the RPS comments thread: I’d sent one dwarf from the home-base to blow up some dynamite, and then immediately spawned several soldiers to deal with some incoming goblins. These soldiers promptly followed the path I’d set for the first dwarf, before obligingly leaping to their deaths down the hole the dynamite had created -_-

A simple 'Clear Path' button would do it, but that might be a little too straightforward for a game that's essentially about desperately trying to keep control of some incredibly stupid people.
Quasar

Re: A way to get rid of arrows

Postby Yoshiro » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:31 pm

A middle click will get rid of the arrows.
Yoshiro

Postby Quasar » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:42 pm

Aha, thankyou.

I guess the only suggestion in this thread is that that's made more obvious :P
Quasar

Postby Parthon » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:27 pm

I found the red X button at the bottom left also works.
Parthon

Postby Jakkar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:38 am

I find the tutorial doesn't make it supremely clear yet - but if you mouseover the interface buttons, each one will tell you what it does, and what the keyboard hotkey is. The button to remove things is on the far left - you can use it to remove arrows, walls and dynamite =)

Can it remove outposts? I've never had a reason to try.
Jakkar

Postby T-Dawg » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:52 am

Quasar wrote:I guess the only suggestion in this thread is that that's made more obvious :P

What we're going to do about this is likely promoting the Codex more! We'll add an in-game button which will take you there. It's a good place to read up on several things not covered in the tutorial :)

Jakkar wrote:Can it remove outposts? I've never had a reason to try.

No, and we probably won't make it so you can (the dwarves are suicidal enough without our help)! In newer builds, though, enemies remove outposts for you! ^^
T-Dawg
Site Admin

Postby Jakkar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:12 am

*grins* Didn't think so, and hoped not. Would be nice to find ruined outposts as a random 'cave-type' among many more. Ancient ruins you can re-purpose for a very low-cost outposts, but without the option of choosing the location.
Jakkar

Postby Quasar » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:35 pm

I like that idea, actually.
Quasar

Return to Suggestions